How to Be Healthier on the Central Coast
Every year, thousands of visitors flock to the Central Coast of Australia in search of sunny days, beautiful beaches and a laidback lifestyle. While it’s easy to get caught up in all the fun activities available on the Central Coast, it’s also important to take steps to stay healthy while living or visiting this gorgeous area. Here are some tips on how to stay healthy on the Central Coast:
- Exercise Regularly – The Central Coast is home to plenty of great trails and parks, making it easy for visitors to fit in regular physical activity. Whether you choose to go for a stroll along one of the coastal trails or join a group class at a local gym, there are plenty of ways to stay active.
- Eat Local – Eating locally grown and produced food is a great way to support the local economy and get access to fresher, healthier produce. The Central Coast also has plenty of farmers’ markets and other places where you can buy fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Stay Hydrated – Although it sounds simple, staying hydrated is important for good health, so be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Carry a reusable water bottle with you wherever you go and fill it up throughout the day. Wherever you work, carry a water bottle with you and it won’t be long before sipping away is second nature.
- Get Enough Sleep – Not getting enough sleep can hurt your physical and mental health. Aim for seven to eight hours of quality sleep each night. That means turning off electronics and screens at least an hour before bed, as well as going to bed and waking up at consistent times each day. Wherever possible, shut off the devices at least an hour before and destress.
- Eat Healthy Foods – Fresh, locally sourced foods are best for your body. Eating a balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, proteins, fibre, and healthy fats is key to staying healthy on the Central Coast. Try exploring local farmers’ markets for fresh produce or joining a community-supported agriculture (CSA) program to get farm-fresh produce right at your doorstep.
- Walk – Walking is a fantastic way to stay active and see the sights of the Central Coast. Take walks along beaches, trails, or parks to get some fresh air and exercise. If you need some company, ask a friend to join you. Though some people think exercise is all about running and hard work, sometimes putting on a comfortable pair of shoes and walking is enough.
- Take Time to Unplug – With all the technology we use nowadays, it can be difficult to put down our devices and take a break. But taking time away from electronics is beneficial for both your mental and physical health. Give yourself a break by taking some time to explore nature or meet up with friends for a leisurely activity – it will help you reset and de-stress.
- Visit a Naturopath – Why not visit a naturopath in the Central Coast area to get a full medical assessment? Naturopathic doctors are experts in holistic treatments, helping you find the root cause of any health issue and providing you with natural remedies to help treat or prevent it.
With all these tips, you’ll be a new healthier you in no time!